Here is an example of a special project we undertook
• Customer needed to remove the parking brake actuators from the trains bogie.
• Problem 1 – Lack of access. Only access was from under the train,
• Problem 2 – Lack of space around actuator, due to its position against the traction motor,
• Problem 3 – Restricted clearance between vehicle body and bogie. Weight 55 Kilo.
• Special lifter designed so that it could be used alongside a jacked up train.
• It had to be able to support the weight of the actuator as it was released and lowered down before hoisting and holding the replacement as it was refitted.
• Providing a functional and safe working practice for maintenance operatives.